The Performance Management Challenge
Making it work
This two-day workshop provides external grounding for line managers and exposure to best HR Practice, which will significantly ease their performance management task.
Course outcomes include
- An understanding of the complexity of a full Performance Management programme.
- The identification of the building blocks and “OD Processes” that must be in place for PMS to succeed.
- Knowledge of the different “models” of PMS and their benefits.
- Insights into the different processes and principles that can be included in a PMS and how to select these.
- Clear identification of the knowledge and skills needed for a manager to be a competent “Performance Manager”.
- The structure for the basic core of a PMS.
- The ability to introduce systems and processes that moderate, evaluate, and ensure fairness in the application of a PMS.
A holistic view of Performance Management
Three critical PMS Building Blocks
Integrating the team managed into the Performance Management process
Creating “The Performance Agreement”, including the “Personal Development Plan”
Performance Monitoring and Control applicable to both the supervisor and the supervised
The Evaluation and Assessment of Performance (The Performance Review Discussion)