Fees per delegate
R1 250,00 (excl VAT)
Attendance Certificates will be issued and the cost of the workshop can be claimed as Skills Development and Procurement points for
EES-SIYAKHA is a Level 2
|Quotes from EES-SIYAKHA clients and workshop delegates
Excellent packaging of the EE Plan components, from the EE Plan, preperation, planning,monitoring, etc. A very practical approach. The workshop made it easy for the win-win approach to transformation - role players will know what is expected. Abundant information provided to make things easy.
Patrick Zondo, Fidility Security Group
I just want to thank you for an excellent workshop last week. I not only learnt a lot but also thoroughly enjoyed the discussions and the way you handled them. Absolutely excellent two days!
Karen Redelinghuys, Office of the Vice-Principal, UNISA
I realised that although we practice some of the aspects covered, the course was able to give us far more insight on how we can improve and implement things. The workshop served as an essential tool – when we go back to our company we can advise further and share the valuable information with others. I value being able to have a much clearer picture and feasible measures on how to set realistic targets, and achieve them.
Siyabulela Bilatyi-Smous, Assmang-Khumani Mine
How to set achievable EE Numerical Goals for
your next EE Plan
in small or large organisations, and for subsidiaries/divisions and regional operations/offices across South Africa
Enquiries: Phone Mathe Peete on 011 7263040 or e-mail Mathe
EE Goals have to be set every time you to develop a new EE Plan. There is nothing in the EE Act, Codes of Good Practices or Regulations that guide EE and HR practitioners in regard to this. The process of setting achievable and effective EE Goals is more complex than meets the eye, and there are a range of factors and processes that need to be taken into consideration when setting EE Goals. These include:
- Legal requirements and case law that impact on EE Goal setting.
- The size of the organisation, its structures and locality of its operations.
- For which structures and operations, if any, should EE Goals be set?
- Can these to be aggregated into Organisational Goals and, if so, how?
- Who should you involve in EE Goal setting?
- How to empower line managers to take ownership of EE Goals and their achievement.
- The correctness or otherwise of all relevant source data aspects to be used in the setting of EE Goals.
- The different variables that impact on the number of opportunities that are likely to arise during the period of the EE Plan and, as a result, EE Goals setting.
- How technology can be used effectively in the setting of EE Goals.
- Setting of Goals for Persons with Disabilities.
Our high-level EE specialists will take you through the challenges of EE Goal setting and all of the above factors and processes, and expose you to technology that you can use that simplifies it all.
08.30 – 10.30
- Welcome and introduction
- Participants’ EE Goal Setting challenges and course expectations
- Aspects of the EE Act as amended relevant to EE Goal Setting
- The Basics of setting EE Goals aligned to the requirements of the EE Act
- Planning your EE Goals Setting
- Larger Organisations/Organisations with multiple operations – how does one go about EE Goal setting? One, or multiple Goals, and for which Operations/Divisions/Businesses
- Provincial vs National EAP
- Case law handout
- Who should be involved in the setting of EE Goals and sign them off
10.30 – 11.00
11.00 – 12.30
- Preparation for EE Goals setting
- Workforce Profile and EE Goal setting source data
- Checking the correctness of these aspects
- Reviewing of Job Evaluation Grade and EEA 9 allocations
- Vetting your declared PWD against the definition in the Act
- Relevant variable that impact on the number of opportunities, and as a result, EE Goals setting that need to be collected in advance
- Using technology to set EE Goals
- Selecting a desired EE Goal
- Factoring in of variables
- Deciding what is achievable having regard to the number of opportunities and availability of Suitably Qualified Persons
- Finalising your % Black and D-G Goal
- Setting Goals for Persons with Disabilities
- How to ensure achievement of EE Goals so set